Work for Us
We are looking for a new Fitness Director!
- Personal training certification from a nationally recognised organisation.
- At least 3 years experience teaching group fitness classes prefered.
- At least 3 years experience training private clients prefered.
- Current CPR/ First Aid.
- Management / Coordinator experience highly desirable.
- Climbing gym experience highly desirable.
- Basic computer literacy.
As vertical world fitness director your job will be teacher, advocate and administrator. Below are specifics of each role you may undertake.
- Coordinate class schedule and instructor needs.
- Facilitate and track yoga sub communications.
- Update the calendar each month.
- Organise fitness clinics and events .
- Hire and train fitness staff as needs arise.
- Track attendance and use marketing materials to boost numbers.
- Maintain and organise the fitness spaces and equipment.
- Communicate facility needs with the management staff ( new equipment, better cleaning crew, etc.)
- Maintain a high standard of teaching across all classes and instructors.
- Plan hour-long group fitness classes.
- Train Private clients towards specified goals whilst staying within your remit.
- Coach correct movement.
- Adjust movements for specific participants.
- Stay current with certifications and first aid.
- Strive to improve your array of movements taught as well as improving your teaching methods.
Advocacy/ Community engagement
- Organise fitness and yoga events.
- Advocate for fitness staff and members in gym/company wide decisions.
- Inform VW staff of changes.
- Encourage Front Desk staff to learn about the fitness programs.
- Work with the Marketing and Social Media team to promote the fitness program.
- Be an approachable presence in the gym.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this or future opportunities.