Work for Us
Vertical World is looking for enthusiastic and experienced fitness instructors to teach group classes, conduct private instruction, and be available for class substitution. Classes will be at our Magnolia/Seattle location, and will include strength and conditioning, general conditioning, mobility, core durability, sport specific, and specialty classes. Part-time with the potential for full time with the addition of personal training hours. Part time availability will be from 2-10 hours of classes.
● Must hold a current personal trainer certificate or group fitness certificate with any of the major nationally accreditation organizations (NASM, ACE, ACSM, NSCA, etc.) or equivalent
● Must be First Aid and CPR certified
● Minimum of 6 months experience instructing group fitness classes and private clients
● An interest in training clients for outdoor sports is a preferred but not required
● Experience with rock climbing is desired but not required
● Hourly compensation for all classes instructed
● Vertical World gym membership for permanent instructors
● Plan and instruct challenging, creative, and safe group exercise classes of various sizes
● Emphasize movement quality and cue correct form throughout the class
● Scale movements and intensity for a variety of abilities and fitness levels when appropriate
● Engage participants in an approachable and well-informed manner
● Be available for personal training clients and develop progressive fitness plans to meet their goals
● Attend trainer meetings and report on class performance
● Coordinate with other fitness instructors for class coverage if necessary
● Arrive 10 min before scheduled class time to prepare the room, equipment, and welcome members
Classes are held seven days a week. Classes and times vary throughout the year to reflect seasonal needs. Morning and evening classes are held most days of the week with the exception of Thursday evenings, which are reserved for Vertical World sponsored events and clinics. Classes are held Saturday and Sunday mornings.
For the most up to date schedule, visit Vertical World’s online calendar at http://seattle.verticalworld.com/calendar.
Please send inquiries to LeighAnn@verticalworld.com and include a resume and availability.