Work for Us
We are looking for a new Fitness Instructor!
Vertical World Fitness is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced fitness instructor to teach group classes, conduct private instruction, and be available for class substitution. Classes include general conditioning, TRX, and sport specific strength classes.
- Plan and instruct challenging, creative, and safe group exercise classes for 4 – 16 people
- Emphasize movement quality and cue correct form throughout the class
- Scale movements appropriately for a variety of ability levels if necessary
- Engage participants in an approachable and well-informed manner
- Arrive 10 min before scheduled class time to prepare the room, equipment, and welcome members
- Be available for personal training clients and develop progressive fitness plans to meet their goals
- Attend trainer meetings and report on class performance
- Coordinate with other fitness instructors for class coverage if necessary
- Must hold a current personal trainer certificate or group fitness certificate with any of the major nationally accreditation organizations (NASM, ACE, ACSM, NSCA, etc.)
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified
- 6 months experience teaching group fitness classes, circuit training classes, or private clients
- An interest in training clients for outdoor sports is a preferred but not required
- A willingness to be creative with the space and equipment
- Hourly compensation for all classes instructed, plus additional pay per person
- Vertical World gym membership
Classes are held seven days a week, but times may vary throughout the year to reflect seasonal needs. Morning and evening classes are held most days of the week with the exception of Thursday evenings, which are reserved for Vertical World sponsored events and clinics. Classes are held Saturday and Sunday mornings.
General Class Schedule*:
- Monday: 5pm – 6pm
- Tuesday: 6.15am – 7am (45 min class)
- Wednesday: 7pm – 8pm
- Thursday: 6.15am – 7am (45 min class)
- Friday: 5pm – 6pm
- Saturday: 9am – 10am
- Sunday: 9am – 10am
*Class days and times are subject to change. Classes may be added or subtracted due to seasonal changes and/or instructor availability.
Please e-mail LeighAnn@verticalworld.com to inquire about this opportunity