Bret Johnston Manager
1. I have two wiener dogs.
2. More than one VW member probably babysat me as a kid.
3. I am the youngest USAC National Chief Routesetter in the country.
4. I am a fantasy football nerd.
5. Vertical World is family.
Mattie J. Wheeler Regional Director of Programs and Instruction
1. I first drove a car when I was 10 on the Bonneville salt flats speedway. My dad had me sit on a phonebook to be able to see over the wheel.
2. Foraging is the best! Berries, Morels, Chantrelles, and Asparagus are mostly what I seek but I’m always trying to learn more.
3. I enjoy simple pleasures like watching it rain when the sun shines through it and you can see every drop.
4. I dream of living on a lot of land and owning a cow.
5. I like trucks, Toyota Trucks.
PJ Daley Assistant Gym Manager/Groups Coordinator
Renata Kalnin Youth Program Coordinator
1. I have all the jumping ability of the average corgi. This doesn’t stop me from trying to dyno, and I’ll stick one someday.
2. In college, I studied public health and worked the night shift as an EMT.
3. I’ve climbed 4 of the hundred highest peaks in Washington in one 24 hour period, from two trailheads.
4. Nearly all of my outdoor gear is lime green. It’s not my favorite color, but it is a color that goes on sale a lot.
5. My preferred climbing/backpacking/ski touring fuel is Swedish fish.
Andrew Featherston Events & Outreach Coordinator
Brock Dion Social Media Coordinator
Patrick Stutts Front Desk
1. I grew up in Nashville.
2. Yes, I did work on a farm at one point.
3. No, I do not have a country accent.
4. Yep, I do play instruments (a Nashville thing).
5. I agree, (modern) country music is pretty terrible.
Sam Heaney Front Desk
1. I am originally from England but I have lived in the U.S. since 2015
2. I have a retired racing greyhound named Frank.
3. Indian food is my favorite cuisine.
4. Traditional film photography is one of my hobbies.
5. I like owls.
Andy Miller Front Desk
1. I can blow bubbles off my tongue
2. You can find my dog and I at Discovery Park each day.
3. I have perfected the art of making calzones.
4. I am a certified tax professional.
5. Ask me for a music playlist.
Ryan Casella Front Desk
1. My first full-time job was working with the Merchant Marine to restore WWII Victory-class ships.
2. I used to do cancer research, but this is way more fun.
3. Reese’s cups are my go-to, but the pieces are a travesty!
4. I thoroughly dislike climbing in long pants.
5. Climbing should be for all!
Franky Jose Front Desk
Wade Doty Front Desk